Answers to Frequently Asked
Questions on Parenting (Part 2)
Drs. Ekram & Mohamed Rida Beshir
This book, second in the series of Answers to FAQs on Parenting, provides the reader with answers to the most frequently asked questions on the subject of parenting in North America from an Islamic perspective. The answers cover a variety of topics such as building character and behavior, environment, young children, pre-teens, teenagers, and others. The answers to the FAQs in this book represent crucial issues of concern occupying the minds of many parents. The methodology used in answering these questions draws heavily on verses of the Qur'an, teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAAW), and events in his Seerah, as well as the authors' wealth of practical experience, gained from their countless parenting counseling sessions over the years, and their knowledge of child psychology.
About the Authors
Dr. Ekram Beshir
- She is a medical doctor by profession, with a background in child psychology.
- She is the founder of both Abraar full-time Islamic school and Rahma School, a weekend Arabic and Islamic school, in Ottawa, Canada.
- She is the recipient of the Director's Citation Award of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board for the year 2000 for her contribution in the area of education from among 7000 employees of the board.
- She has been very active with the Muslim community in Ottawa in the areas of study circles, children and youthcamps, sisters programs, and marriage counseling.
- She has traveled extensively to various parts of the world to present parenting workshops.
- She has also authored other books for teaching Arabic to Muslim children living in Non- Arabic speaking countries.
Dr. Mohamed Rida Beshir
- He is an engineer by profession, with over 25 years of experience in Da'wa work in North America.
- He has held various positions with MSA and ISNA, MAS on both national and local levels.
- He served as a member of the training and development department of the Muslim American Society (MAS) for over two decades.
- He is actively developing and delivering training programs to various Muslim communities all over the world.
- He is a regular speaker in ISNA, ICNA, MSA, MAC and MAS conferences.
- He is the recipient of the Ottawa Muslim Association and Ottawa Muslim Community Circle appreciation awards for years 1993, and 1999 for his volunteer Islamic work in the National Capital region.